- Popular Courses
- Certification Courses
- Testing Courses
- Professional Manual Testing Program (PMTP)
- Database Essentials for Software Testers
- Test Automation Using Selenium with Java
- Test Automation Using Selenium with C#
- Test Automation Using Selenium with Cucumber
- Test Automation using Microsoft Coded UI with C#
- Web Services Testing Using SOAPUI
- Performance Testing Using JMeter
- Performance Testing Using HP Loadrunner
- Security Courses
- BA/Agile Course
- Other Training Courses
Free Gift with your IT Training Course!
Adactin is giving away a gift with every training course purchase during the holiday season. Yes, that is correct, with every course! Upskill or transition into an IT career with our industry ready courses and receive a holiday gift to go with it.
For full Terms and conditions
Professional Manual Testing Program is meant for professionals who want to enter into the IT field. It starts with conceptual clarity on software testing, fundamentals of manual/functional testing, JIRA tool, introduction to Automation and how a testing team works in an Agile environment. The highlights of the course are ongoing assignments, project work and preparation for the interview.
- Introduction to software testing fundamentals
- SDLC lifecycle (waterfall, V-model etc)
- Testing lifecycle
- Roles & Responsibilities of software tester
- Static and Dynamic testing
- Functional and non-functional testing
- Testing Levels (unit testing, system testing, system integration testing etc)
- Regression testing and its significance in Agile projects
- Test factors for test case design
- Test case design techniques using flowcharts, use case scenarios, permutations and
- Boundary value and equivalence partition techniques for data driven testing.
- Defect reporting and management
- Bug lifecycle
- Test Reporting and documentation (Test summary report, traceability matrix etc)
- Tools for test management (JIRA, Zephyr)
- Interview Techniques (Q&A)
- Assignments based assessment Introduction to JIRA and Zephyr
- Getting started and setup
- Agile Boards - Scrum, Kanban
- Overview of Epics, Stories and tasks in JIRA
- How to write a story in JIRA
- Defect Management
- Introduction to Zephyr
- Zephyr and JIRA Integration
- Creating test in Zephyr
- Test Execution and Reporting in Zephyr
- Linking defects with Test
Introduction to Test Automation Tool
- What is Automation
- Benefits of Automation
- When to automate
- How to automate
- Economics of Automation
- Key Commercial tools comparison
- Automation Concepts
- Preparing to Record
- Introduction to Selenium
- Selenium Components Installation
- Selenium IDE
- Managing User interface controls
- Understanding Java Concepts
- Debugging Scripts
- Batch Execution
- Automation Frameworks
- Manifesto for Agile Software Development
- The Twelve Principles
- The Agile Ecosystem
- Product Owner
- Scrum Team
- User Story
- Acceptance criteria
- Initiative/Feature/User Story Hierarchy
- Sizing/estimates of the user stories
- Minimum Viable Product a.k.a. the MVP
- The Sprint
- Technical cycle time
- Agile Team
- Scrum Master
- Agile Tester
- Other Agile Team members
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Story Board
- Daily Stand-Up
- Sprint Burn-Down
- Balance Scope vs. Schedule
- Definition of Done
- Agile Governance
- The Waterfall Process
- A Phased Waterfall Project
- An Agile Process
- Small Agile project
- Working on a project to have a practical experience in testing
- Qualifying Exam
* Note: We are open for any customization to course contents.
Q: Do I need to be from technical background to do this course?
A: Working knowledge of internet and Microsoft packages (Word, Excel) is enough for learning testing.
Q: Is this a basic or advance software testing course?
A: This course starts with the basics and Fundamentals of Manual Testing and then gradually moves to the advance levels of Manual testing with a Test Management Tool (Quality Center/ALM)
Q: Is PMTP & ISTQB same?
A: PMTP is a practical and specialised software testing course whereas ISTQB is a theoretical software testing knowledge base course.
Q: Which jobs can I apply after doing PMTP?
A: You can apply for Jr. Test Analyst and Test Analyst roles.
Q: Do you support with job placements?
A: We prepare you for the interview preparations and share our internal & external job posting with you directly to reduce your round of interviews.