- Popular Courses
- Certification Courses
- Testing Courses
- Professional Manual Testing Program (PMTP)
- Database Essentials for Software Testers
- Test Automation Using Selenium with Java
- Test Automation Using Selenium with C#
- Test Automation Using Selenium with Cucumber
- Test Automation using Microsoft Coded UI with C#
- Web Services Testing Using SOAPUI
- Performance Testing Using JMeter
- Performance Testing Using HP Loadrunner
- Security Courses
- BA/Agile Course
- Other Training Courses
This one day course provides participants with the fundamental knowledge of the processes and disciplines that enable the delivery of objective requirements that add maximum value to an organisation.
By combining a practical and pragmatic approach to business analysis, aligned with industry standards, this course will provide you with the opportunity to prepare for the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA® ) industry certification CBAP™.
Using real-life scenarios will develop your skills, enabling you to put into practice tasks and techniques that allow you to gain general knowledge and practical experience.
Undertaking a set of review questions at the end of each session will ensure a full understanding of the material covered. It will also serve as a study aid for those who wish to undertake the CBAP™ certificate.
Introduction to Business Analysis
- Definition, Role, Requirements, Methodologies
- Project Management Institute’s (PMI)® Code of Ethics
- Defining Business Problems or Opportunities and Developing a Solutions Scope Statement or Business Case
- Determining the Value Proposition of the Initiative
- Identifying Business Needs and Developing Project Goals and Objectives
- Identifying Stakeholders and Stakeholder Values
- Establishing Business Analysis Activities
- Defining strategy for Requirements Traceability
- Preparing the Requirements Management Plan
- Defining Requirements Change Control and Communication Processes
- Selecting methods for Requirements Change Control, and Document Control Processes
- Defining Business Metrics and Acceptance Criteria
- Eliciting and Identifying Requirements
- Analysing, Decomposing, and Elaborating Requirements
- Evaluating Options and Capabilities using Decision-Making
- Allocating Requirements to Create a Requirements Baseline
- Obtaining Stakeholder Consensus in order to Obtain Sign-off
- Defining Requirements Specifications
- Validating Requirements using Tools and Techniques
- Detailing out Business Metrics and Acceptance Criteria
Traceability and Monitoring (this section comprises 15 percent of the Exam)
- Tracking the Status, Sources, and Relationships of Requirements using Artifacts or Tools
- Monitoring the Lifecycle of Requirements
- Updating the Status of Requirements and Recording Changes by Communicating with Stakeholders
- Communicating Important Requirements Information and Status with Stakeholders and Project Managers
- Managing Changes to the Requirements by evaluating Impacts, Dependencies and Risks
- Validating Solutions Test Results against Defined Requirements Acceptance Criteria
- Analyzing, Communicating, and Resolving Solution Gap Analysis
- Obtaining Stakeholder Sign-off and Proceeding Toward Deployment
- Using Valuation Techniques to Determine How Well the Solution Met Business Needs and Values
* Note: We are open for any customization to course contents.
Q: When are the courses held?
A: The courses are scheduled monthly throughout the year.
Q: What do I take away from the course?
A: As well as the skills to use the product, you also receive a comprehensive workbook and a certificate of attendance.
Q: Do I get a course manual to keep?
A: Yes, you receive a comprehensive workbook.
Q: Where are the classroom training courses held?
A: The courses are all held in Parramatta, Sydney.
Q: Is the training practical or theory based?
A: Both. All of our course combine practical demonstrations and theory. You will have a sole use of a laptop throughout the course and can practice what you have learnt at the end of each chapter.
Q: Do I need to bring a laptop?
A: Yes, it is required to help you start from scratch on your own machine.
Q: Is there an exam?
A: You do not sit an exam at the end of the course.
Q: What qualification will I get?
A: You will receive a certificate of attendance.
Q: Do I need any previous practical experience?
A: This depends on the course you choose to take. All of our Introductory and Complete courses require no prior knowledge. If you are considering attending an Advanced course, but have not sat the basic course, then you will be expected to have relevant practical experience in the tool.
Q: Do you offer on-site training?
A: Yes, all of our courses can be delivered as on-site courses. We provide all laptops, projector, workbooks and certificates. We can also deliver on-line training just for your company with a schedule to suit you.
Q: Do you offer post course support?
A: Yes, in two ways; firstly, all our trainers can help with initial queries you may have when using the tools post-course via email. Secondly we also provide short-term on-site internship.